Steak ‘n Shake robbed Friday afternoon; suspect flees but in custody
OHSAA fall sports practices to begin Monday
Four Police Chief candidates to be interviewed
Butler Township Meeting video – July 26, 2016
VBCSD hires new administrators
- Steak ‘n Shake robbed Friday afternoon; suspect flees but in custody - 1:54 am
- OHSAA fall sports practices to begin Monday - 4:29 pm
- Aullwood announces August schedule of events - 5:55 am
- Mary Todd Lincoln comes to Vandalia - 1:11 pm
- Four Police Chief candidates to be interviewed - 12:36 pm
- Butler Township Meeting video – July 26, 2016 - 11:46 am
- VBCSD hires new administrators - 9:22 am
- Vandalia Police Reports - 7:51 am
- Police Levy, Limited Home Rule head to ballot - 11:35 pm
- Vandalia receives Auditor’s Award with Distinction - 3:48 pm updated: 3:56 pm.
- Beavers, VBCSD awarded for excellence in financial reporting - 8:14 am
- Vandalia City Council to hold a special meeting - 3:26 pm
- ARC offers summer pet safety tips - 2:46 pm
- Butler Township Trustees move meeting to Tuesday - 12:28 pm
- Hershberger graduates from Elon University - 4:51 am
- Vandalia-Butler City Schools Back-to-School Information - 1:23 pm updated: 1:28 pm.
- Joseph Airport Toyota to host blood drive at Rec Center - 12:26 pm
- OHSAA & OAB to co-host Broadcasters Meeting - 2:35 pm
- Community Calendar - 11:17 am
- Vandalia Police Reports - 11:09 am
- Butler Township Police Activity - 8:10 am
- Budget Commission sends police levy to Butler Township Trustees - 8:35 pm
- Vandalia may utilize Land Bank on delinquent, abandoned homes - 2:19 pm updated: 2:19 pm.
- City Council approves one road project, tables another - 3:00 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- Butler Township Budget Commission calls special meeting - 5:01 pm
- Warrior Hikers visit Vandalia - 3:49 am updated: 3:51 am.
- Butler Township Police to host National Night Out - 3:14 am
- Warrior Hikers to arrive in Vandalia Saturday - 2:54 am
- Vandalia Youth Theatre performances this weekend - 3:31 pm
- Essay contest to show support for police - 9:55 am
- Vandalia to host National Night Out - 3:02 am
- Classic cars and busted knuckles - 7:05 am
- Vandalia City Council to hold retreat on Saturday - 5:36 am
- Joseph Airport Toyota to host blood drive at Rec Center - 11:57 am
- Distribution center under construction along National Road - 11:57 am
- Vandalia Police Reports - 11:53 am
- Butler Township Police Activity - 5:43 am
- St. Paul Lutheran celebrates bicentennial - 5:16 pm updated: 5:20 pm.
- View Story - 6:24 am
- Neavin, Beavers receive contract extensions - 8:20 pm
- Community Calendar - 10:20 am
- Vandalia Police Reports - 10:20 am
- Butler Township Police Activity - 10:19 am
- Driver killed on I-75 - 10:02 am
- Senior Center celebrates June birthdays - 3:50 am
- Woodcarvings on display at Municipal Building in July - 6:32 pm
- News from the Historical Society of Vandalia-Butler - 2:50 pm
- Ginghamsburg Church welcomes future lead pastor - 8:47 am
- Talley promoted to supervisor - 11:42 am
Vandalia receives Auditor’s Award with Distinction
COLUMBUS — A recent financial audit of the City of Vandalia (Montgomery County) by Auditor of State Dave Yost’s office has returned a clea...
Beavers, VBCSD awarded for excellence in financial reporting
WASHINGTON, DC - Vandalia-Butler City Schools and Treasurer/CFO Eric Beavers are being recognized for excellence in financial reporting. The Governmen...
Vandalia City Council to hold a special meeting
VANDALIA — The Vandalia City Council will hold a special council meeting on Monday, August 1 at 5:45 p.m. in the Council Chambers of the Vandali...
ARC offers summer pet safety tips
DAYTON — The Montgomery County Animal Resource Center is urging pet owners to take precautions for their four-legged friends during these hot su...
Butler Township Trustees move meeting to Tuesday
BUTLER TWP. — The Butler Township Board of Trustees have cancelled their regular meeting on Monday, July 25, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. The meeting has b...
Hershberger graduates from Elon University
ELON, North Carolina — Samuel John Blue Hershberger graduated Cum Laude from Elon University on May 21, 2016, receiving a Bachelor of Arts degre...
Aviators host 10th Annual Soccer Camp
Over 30 boys and girls participated in the 10th Annual Aviator Soccer Camp held at the Vandalia Recreation Center the week of July 11-14. The camp for...
Fair Valley wraps regular season
BUTLER TWP. — The Fair Valley Fins had their last regular meet last week, swimming against Oakcreek and Woodhaven. The Fins won with 554 points,...
Cope makes splash at Olympic Trials
OMAHA, Neb. — Tommy Cope, who just graduated from Butler High School six weeks ago, wanted to make a splash at the U.S. Olympic Swimming Team Tr...
Meng’s Martial Arts hosts International Team from China
HUBER HEIGHTS — One of the most famous names in the martial arts is the Shaolin Temple, a mecca of Chinese martial arts. Imagine a demo team tra...
King wrestles against autism
LEWIS CENTER, Ohio — WVU Tech’s freshman wrestler Brannon King recently participated in the Ninth Annual Wrestle Against Autism (WAA) tour...
N. Dayto Wrestling Clib third at Baldwin-Wallace Duals
Pictured are the North Dayton Wrestling Clup that placed third out of 12 teams at the Baldwin-Wallace duels. Front row, left to right, Ethan Cyrette (...
Rose Music concerts
Barenaked Ladies in concert June 8Barenaked Ladies are once again taking their boisterous live shows to audiences nationwide this summer announcing La...
Sister Cities Oktoberfest provides scholarships, youth exchanges
VANDALIA — Sister Cities of Vandalia just hosted its 39th annual Oktoberfest at the Vandalia Sports Complex on September 11, 12, and 13. Since i...
Focus Vandalia – September 2015
VANDALIA — The latest issue of Focus Vandalia has been released by the City of Vandalia. In this episode, we get a look at the new Red Robin rest...
Guess What’s New in Reading?
ENGLEWOOD — I recently returned from a trip to Norway to see two foreign exchange students who lived with us in the past. Norway is a beautiful ...
Pack 307 to hold sign-up night
VANDALIA — Cub Scout Pack 307 will hold its annual sign up night on Tuesday, September 8 from 7 - 8 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall at St. John̵...
Aullwood Audubon Center September Calendar
Aullwood September calendar at a glanceThrough September 7 – Aullwood is a Blue Star Museum (Center and Farm)Through September 13 - A Secret Gar...
My view: While popular, council wrong on Dunkin Donuts
While I fully realize I am in a decided minority, I believe the Vandalia City Council whiffed not once, but twice, on the Dunkin Donuts decision.Let m...
Our view: Shame to those who compartmentalize tragedy
As a global community, it seems we still don’t get it.Perhaps it emanates from some compelling need to place blame after tragic acts such as thi...
Intimidation, threats won’t trump the First Ammendment in Butler Township
It’s not unusual that some readers disagree with my opinion columns. Over the past four years I’ve taken some pretty strong stands on thin...
Butler Township residents left with few, if any options thanks to rejection of Limited Home Rule
While Butler Township residents are outraged about the Trustees’ decision to contract with the Sheriff’s Office for police services, it appears th...
Combating infant mortality
As Ohioans, we are blessed to live in such a great state that is often the leader in the nation for many admirable initiatives and accomplishments. Ho...