- Vandalia-Butler City School District Recognized for Environmental Efforts - 6:34 am
- Butler Township Police Activity - 9:50 am
- Vandalia Police Reports April 19-25 - 9:50 am
- Vogel named Butler Township Administrator - 4:07 pm
- Butler honors fallen heroes - 10:59 am updated: 11:59 am.
- Township residents sound off over police decision - 11:30 pm
- VB Board of Ed to honor three retirees - 5:01 pm
- Butler Township Police Activity - 10:58 am
- Vandalia Police Reports April 3-13 - 10:58 am
- Self defense for women - 10:58 am
- Faerie Birds of Aullwood on exhibit through May - 10:58 am
- St. Christopher students Jump Rope for Heart - 1:57 pm
- City to lease water tower space to MARCS system - 2:02 am updated: 3:08 am.
- City Council says no to Dunkin Donuts - 11:37 pm updated: 11:44 pm.
- Sheriff grants job security to Butler Township Police Officers - 4:38 pm updated: 4:42 pm.
- Vandalia remembers fallen police officer - 2:09 pm
- Lions Club learns about Concealed Carry laws - 11:51 am
- Troy man pleads guilty to vehicular homicide - 8:05 am
- Focus Vandalia, May 2016 - 1:49 am
- Butler High School Seniors Celebrate Signing Day - 12:29 pm
- Former St. Christopher Priest Rev. Robert Monnin dies - 6:12 pm
- Jacober receives Homeland Security’s highest honor - 8:45 am
- Aullwood Summer Earth Adventures classes to begin - 7:07 am
- Crash closes westbound National Road - 3:48 pm updated: 3:55 pm.
- Butler Township Police Activity - 10:32 am
- Vandalia Police Reports April 3-13 - 10:32 am
- Township to place energy aggregation on the ballot - 10:32 am
- Community Calendar - 10:30 am
- Butler Township Trustees meeting video - 10:18 am
- Senior Center Reader’s Theatre a wild success - 6:18 pm
- Butler Township police services moving to Sheriff - 10:43 pm
- Burris, Fiori to cheer for Toledo - 3:11 pm
- Butler Senior Art Exhibit opens - 2:09 pm
- Vandalia welcomes new police officer - 11:46 am
- Butler Twp. Trustees to discuss Sheriff’s proposals - 11:14 am updated: 11:15 am.
- A visual tour of Havana - 4:39 pm
- Rose for Moms winners announced - 8:08 pm updated: 8:13 pm.
- Vandalia celebrates Arbor Day - 2:58 pm updated: 3:22 pm.
- Butler Township Police Activity - 11:13 am
- Butler to host 37th Annual Memorial Program - 11:13 am
- Community Calendar - 11:12 am
- Montgomery County to honor fallen officers - 11:12 am
- Donut debate continues - 9:31 pm
- Setzer declares May to be Bicycle Month - 9:01 pm updated: 9:30 pm.
- White Castle plant evacuated - 8:18 pm
- Boy Scouts name latest Eagle Scouts - 9:26 am
- Wagstaff joins legends at air show - 2:15 pm
- Decker drafted by Detroit Lions - 3:17 pm
- MVCTC FFA selects officers - 7:29 am
- Butler Township Police sponsoring Drug Take Back - 5:10 pm
Vandalia Police Reports April 3-13
VANDALIA - The following police reports were received from the Vandalia Division of Police. All subjects are innocent until found guilty in court of l...
Self defense for women
HUBER HEIGHTS — This summer, the Dayton Metro Library offers self-defense sessions designed especially for women, taught by a woman. Teen, adult...
Faerie Birds of Aullwood on exhibit through May
BUTLER TWP. - Come enjoy the Faerie Birds of Aullwood, a series of six beautifully crafted faerie houses installed along the Birds, Flight, and Wright...
St. Christopher students Jump Rope for Heart
VANDALIA - During the week of April 25 to April 29, St. Christopher grade 2-5 Physical Education classes participated in Jump Rope for the Heart. This...
City to lease water tower space to MARCS system
VANDALIA - In addition to denying the proposed Dunkin Donuts (see story this page) the Vandalia City Council passed multiple items during a busy meeti...
City Council says no to Dunkin Donuts
VANDALIA — The Vandalia City Council voted unanimously to block a proposed Dunkin Donuts on Monday night. The project, which would have been bui...
Jackson looks to shock doubters
VANDALIA - She started playing tennis as soon as she could hold a racquet. Now Morgan Jackson is the top singles player on the Butler High School boys...
Butler Aviator summer sports camps
VANDALIA — The following is a list of Butler High School sports camps that have been submitted to the Vandalia Drummer News. If you would like y...
Aviators advance to Regional
HUBER HEIGHTS — The Butler girls’ track team PLACED fourth at the District meet.On Wednesday, the girls’ 3200m relay team (Schoenher...
Lady Aviators hold post-season banquet
VANDALIA — The Butler Lady Aviator softball team held their their banquet last week. Team award winners were:Offensive player of the year –...
Aviator volleyball camp slated
VANDALIA - The Butler Aviators girls Volleyball team will hold their summer camp June 27-29, 2016 from 6-9 p.m. p.m. Two levels of camps are being off...
Registration open for Blake LaForce Memorial Golf Scramble
SPRINGFIELD — The 7th Annual Blake Laforce #41 Memorial Golf Scramble and Auction will be held on Saturday, June 18 at Windy Knoll Golf Club. Al...
Rose Music concerts
Barenaked Ladies in concert June 8Barenaked Ladies are once again taking their boisterous live shows to audiences nationwide this summer announcing La...
Sister Cities Oktoberfest provides scholarships, youth exchanges
VANDALIA — Sister Cities of Vandalia just hosted its 39th annual Oktoberfest at the Vandalia Sports Complex on September 11, 12, and 13. Since i...
Focus Vandalia – September 2015
VANDALIA — The latest issue of Focus Vandalia has been released by the City of Vandalia. In this episode, we get a look at the new Red Robin rest...
Guess What’s New in Reading?
ENGLEWOOD — I recently returned from a trip to Norway to see two foreign exchange students who lived with us in the past. Norway is a beautiful ...
Pack 307 to hold sign-up night
VANDALIA — Cub Scout Pack 307 will hold its annual sign up night on Tuesday, September 8 from 7 - 8 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall at St. John̵...
Aullwood Audubon Center September Calendar
Aullwood September calendar at a glanceThrough September 7 – Aullwood is a Blue Star Museum (Center and Farm)Through September 13 - A Secret Gar...
Less state testing but still a requirement
State Testing season is upon us. Although testing has always been in schools, the evolution of the current “high stakes” version is relati...
Vandalia Drummer Letter to the editor policy
The Vandalia Drummer News encourages readers to write letters to the editor:• Letters should be typed, or printed legibly, signed and include cu...
Protecting Ohioans’ paychecks
American workers know they’re working more than ever before, for less pay. They don’t think they can get by — much less get ahead ...
There’s too much secrecy in government
We have a secrecy problem. This may seem odd to say during an era in which the most intimate details of individuals’ lives are on display. Yet g...
Women’s History Month
Originating from a one week celebration in 1978, Women’s History Month has been celebrated since 1987 as a time to recognize women’s signi...
Easter: The resurrection of the King
Spring is here. Most of us are probably excited about that. While I’ve enjoyed a break from mowing the lawn, I’m looking forward to warmer...